October 17, 2008

 

Additional comments to the "Guest-Editorial" printed in Radcom November 2008

Please read it right to the end..

Actually..... I wrote the bones of that to the previous editor when he started and they emailed me back saying it was what they'd been talking about in the RSGB anyway. I was never satisfied with that response, then suddenly we have a new editor again and I re-jigged it a little (taking out my comments that Hancock is lovely but its held back ham radio ops in the eyes of the public as being rather strange characters - I thought its emotive and would divert attention from other things I said.).

On looking at it now, my only real regret is it looking a bit heavy about Raynet, i really just meant it to say it needs better PR image and to have some organisation like the Americans have - who seem very good at telling people the good work they do and appearing on TV whereas Raynet get ignore completly by News at six etc..

I think we're the original 'teccy' hobby - passed down from the Victorian scientists and now in the C21 weneed to get it back there in its appropriate place. Sadly - tho, until this horrible modern social attitude that anyone who does a hobby of some sort is a bit strange or suspicious is going to slow things down.

Dave
G0CER
(avoiding the lynch mobs ;)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?