February 03, 2009

 

Working.. Netbook, FT817 and Ubuntu Linux

Update on getting fldigi to work with my ft817 on an Acer Netbook in linux Ubuntu UNR remix.

I looked at the error and tested installing the portaudio library - but got the message back saying the latest version was already installed - I saw references to the dev libraryhere http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=447548 so installed it with
sudo apt-get install portaudio19-dev and fldigi started up - after selecting hamlib in the config I got it to talk to the radio, showing the correct frequency.

Later.. after reading NE4PO's reply - I remembered .. Doh! Yes the 817 wouldn't send data modulated o/p unless it was set into "DIG" mode. I set that mode and it worked.

Finished, now I can leave the other laptops behind for the next holiday or /portable event.

I hope this helps in a small way.. Thanks Chris, Pat and others for help and advice.

Dave H G0CER

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?