April 14, 2011

 

April 2010 Marconi day on the radio


Telford and District Radio Society, which I'm a member of, ran a special radio station amongst many others around the world in memory of Guiglio Marconi and his work on radio tranmission develpoment in early 20th century. I took my small radio and home made antenna up to Tywyn in North Wales to set up in the locality of where Marconi actually set up his station. The main group was by his old radio buildings (now homes) and myself, John and Richard (& son) went up a nearby hill to where Marconis' antenna mounts were and put up the fishing rod-20meter dipole aerial I put together (fishing rod, pound-shop speaker cable, a CD-r holder and coax.. sorted!) .

Here's a photo of Richard (M1RKH) s 4WD and them with the radio on the concrete antenna mounts put there by Marconi. We made 7 contacts on digimodes a GB8MD

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?