June 03, 2011

 

Telford Communications TC10 Mk2

A while back I saw a TC10Mk2 for sale and bought it - along with it came a G8AEV VHF converter (if 28-30MHz) and thanks to a 'Command receiver' and a converter is how I first heard 2m AM and SSB stations.
In the early-1970s budding VHF users wanted these transmitters, but then I was 1. Still SWL, 2. still at school (no money). So I never had one of the TC10s till now. I got this intending to restore it but facing upto the fact I'll not get around doing it - so more unseen ageing will occur, despite living in dry/dark place.

Here are some photos;
Telford Communications TC10Mk2 (sitting on a dummy load for the photo)



Photos of the rear of the TC10


Closer photo of the dial showing band layout.


G8AEV 144-6MHz to 28-30MHz RX converter
Note the connectors

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?